Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oh man! Mother's Day! Well, it's finally over and done. As you read in an earlier post, it was my responsibility to prepare the dinner. Fortunately, everything turned out well, even great if I do say so myself. We had the spaghetti that I talked about. I prepared two tomato sauses that were nearly identical except one had mushrooms in it. It was just great. I also prepared a chicken alfredo which also turned out ok but I had to double the recipe and though it was ok, I felt that it wasn't as good as normal. I'm not sure what was different, but I tasted a subtle variance and I think that my alfredo normally tastes a bit better. Maybe I should have added more pepper. The garlic bread was outstanding just as it always is.Uh oh! In the panic this afternoon, I forgot to take pictures of the dinner, the guests, or anything until after the affair was over. This plate is all that was left of the garlic bread.This is the pile of pots and pans that I dirtied up. I'm not sure who, probably one of the mothers, cleaned them up.

You're probably wondering what a cad like myself would buy their wife for Mother's Day. Here is a picture. There are more like this one but I hate to fill this blog with pictures of flowers. Look I need to be honest, my dear wife took the responsibity off my shoulders and purchased the flowers she wanted for herself in my name. She is such a doll! I'm not a total cad though. I did the cooking today after all. I also took yesterday's small window to mow the lawn even though I think we've delegated that responsibity to a certain 16 year old. I also contributed significant effort in cleaning the deck to the point where it was an acceptable place to place to enjoy today's spaghetti feast. Don't you think that sometimes what you do is a better gift then what you can buy?

3 comments:

  1. I think so! Thanks for such a great Mother's Day! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like youve turned out to be an awesome husband! Everything sounded great. Love Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious... I love garlic bread. You are a great cook!

    ReplyDelete