Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Flavor Explosion!

Tonight, just like every other night this week, Jonathan and Debbie have been away at Willy Wonka practise for most of the evening. It has been my charge to create the gastronomic reward that they've come to expect from me when they get home. Let me let you peer over my shoulder while I work. The recipe required a whole chicken, some parsley, some rosemary, garlic, butter, carrots, onions, potatoes, salt and pepper.
Fresh rosemary.

Fresh parsley.
Three to Five cloves of garlic.


The chicken was purchased at Safeway for 77 cents or so per pound. I cut the vegetables up and surrounded the fryer with them in a roaster. I set the thermostat to 350 degrees and waited for the oven to warm up. While the oven warmed up I was combining the butter, garlic, parsley, and rosemary. When the oven beeped, the dinner was positioned properly, and inserted into the oven. The recipe requested that I cook it covered for an hour and a half at 350 degrees basting every 30 minutes then uncover and cook for 30 to 60 minutes more.You want to know something? This was pretty good chicken!

3 comments:

  1. It was WONDERFUL chicken!!!

    You did a great job!

    Thanks so much for coming home after a long day of work and making our dinner!

    I love you Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking meal Bob.Cooking can be a great hobby. It's the eating part I have to watch out for. Love you all,Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks too good... I need to come over more often!

    ReplyDelete