Saturday, April 25, 2009

So Much To Blog And So Little Time!

Remember to click the posted images to enlarge them to see with more clarity.

Do you see that bench in this picture? I spent last Saturday afternoon building it and Friday (the first day of the sale!)the silly thing sold. So yesterday the first thing I had to do was get back down to the Rebuilding Center and get more material to build another one. The Rebuilding Center is a building materials recycling center of sorts. You kind of have to watch out for old nails but the wood is a lot cheaper and often still usuable. Here is what I chose for starters. Anyway, in what my wife (whip in hand) tells me was about 5 hours, I had another bench ready for Monticello Antique Marketplace.

Today after church, we brought it down to the store and set it up in all of the glory that you can see here.

Yesterday, while I'm out in the rain struggling with recycled wood, some guy from the neighborhood came by with his lawn mower and asked to do our lawn. I told him that I had a kid who was supposed to mow last week but somehow it never got done. Weather permitting, it will be mowed tomorrow. I had two requests to mow yesterday and one was a kid on a bicycle. If the neighborhood kids can see that the lawn needs mowing then it probably really needs it.

After restocking Monticello, I went to the store with Jon and bought some ingredients for the grill. I decided to do some chicken and a lovely assortment of vegetables. Man, either we were really hungry, or it was really good.Would you look at that!

Now to end this post, I caught Riley checking his facebook yesterday. Fortunately, I've got him beat by about 190 lbs and got my computer back. I changed the password so this won't happen again!

6 comments:

  1. but hes sooo cute! you shouldnt kick him off. hahaha:) -gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    I always enjoy reading your "stuff". This one made me chuckle. Keep it up!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Bob, maybe you should cook for Mothers Day after all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, there is some very "controversial" material in the book.. I'm surprised he got away with that in that era! Smart cat ya got there by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and tell Jon he needs to invite me to be able to read his blog.
    Thanks, Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey
    Bob You are not only a good bench maker but you did a fine job at your favorite mother -in - laws doing some plumbing. Thank you soooo much Shirley

    ReplyDelete