Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Stimulus Plan Tastes Sooo Good!

In these difficult times someone has got to take the initiative and stimulate the economy. Tonight we decided to take it upon ourselves and do our part. We had a quick errand to perform at Monticello Antique Marketplace so as soon as I got home from work and was able to change into a more comfortable set of clothes, we headed back out to Monticello to "fluff" up our space. From there we drove to the library to return some books and dvd discs that were due back. As soon as those responsibilities were completed, we decided to suck it up and do our part to help out the local economy. We determined that tonight's mission was to visit Red Robin for dinner. Fortunately, it was still a bit early and the parking lot wasn't completely full. We were able to park within close proximity to the entrance to the establishment. Two salads were ordered and a hamburger along with beverages to complete the mission. As we were nearing the end of our time there it was determined that a little "extra" bit of stimulation was needed so a single Mountain High Mud Pie was added to the order. Poor Debbie was unable to assist with the Mud Pie so it was up to Jonathan and myself to complete the mission. As you can see from the included images, we were able to accomplish our mission. I am chagrined to report that I couldn't lick the plate like I might have had we been at home.Once at home I experienced something for which I have waited over forty years. I got the first season of the Rat Patrol. I remember kids, when I was in grade school, asking if I saw last nights episode of Rat Patrol. I always had to say that I had missed it. Well, I got the dvd of the first season from Netflix. I love shows that are about the second world war as I believe that the men that fought back then were truly brave and probably realized that the good of the many is greater then the good of the one. I haven't completely finished the disc yet but I am enjoying it so far. I'll bet my father-in-law would like them because there is a certain amount of German that is spoken without subtitles. I would imagine that it is fun to hear one's native tongue spoken during these shows even though the allies always win the conficts in these types of shows.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had a blog! how fun.You are such a great writer, I love everything about it!!!Good job I'm proud to say your my Brother :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I guess I agree with Kathy....its a pretty good blog and I'm glad you are my brother (in law)too. :)

    ReplyDelete