Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lake Billy Chinook


You know, even though I personally prefer Detroit Lake, Lake Billy Chinook is a beautiful reservoir here in Oregon. It features 72 miles of shoreline and covers a surface area of 4000 acres. This year I stayed around the camp site or at the day use area where I enjoyed the company of friends and family, the arid climate, the beauty of the rock formations, and of course, the water.

Some of the family ties are either a little distant or too complicated to explain exactly but for this piece, my relationship to Ty will be cousin. He is a hit every year because he has the best toys for playing at the lake.







He generously gives nearly countless hours of skiing, tubing, and/or just plain cruising to all of the kids in this fruitful family. No one gets left out. And do you want to know something? He does it just for smiles. Well let's see his payoff.




Hmmm! Not bad!

Now it just wouldn't be right not to show some action shots of the fun we had on the tubes. (I'm afraid I don't have any images of skiers.) I do need to mention that we had a couple of our group who were able to get up on skis for the first time this year. Congratulations to each of you!

Take a look at some of these!






Now you see him.

Now you don't.


Before I forget. It would be completely improper to not mention that this year we had an octogenarian involved in this year's friviolity. In fact, we had special members of the family who traveled all the way from Germany to attend this campout due to the fact that one of the patriarchs of this clan turned 80 years old on July 21, 2010 right in the middle of the campout. If you remember, wish Hans Winofsky a Happy Birthday. He is the proud husband of one wife and the father of two beautiful girls. He has six grandchildren and even two great grandchildren. Each of them was there this year to help him celebrate the anniversary of the day of his birth. It certainly is an accomplishment to be admired!






It truly was a great year with a lot of great memories. I think that I can say for everyone that this year was a delight and we were sorry to see it come to an end. For me? I can hardly wait till next year! What a family !

3 comments:

  1. As always the campout wouldn't be the same without my #1. Thank you for such a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob, thanks for the fun blog post. The kids and I enjoyed reading it, and looking at the pictures. It was a fun campout and a lot different from previous years. It seemed to me that all of the different age groups interacted a bit more this year, and I love that :) We are looking forward to next year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting the pic's! I really enjoyed looking at them! It was a great camping trip! Im excited for next year! Thank's again for posting!
    Ericka

    ReplyDelete