Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Chose a Peaceful Settlement

A couple of weeks ago Debbie decides that her bedroom is just too cluttered. She thinks that she should simplify and make her room look a little more minimalist. So I come home from work one day and its like when some guy comes home and finds all of his stuff out in the yard except that mine is just dumped willy nilly out in the living room and where ever else it happened to fall. In quick order she's having me separate the stuff that truly defines me from the stuff that I could sell if push came to shove. The next subtle suggestion is that between Monticello, Ebay and Goodwill there should be some place to put all of my things. Realizing early on that the battle was unwinnable and that attempting to retake the "hill" would only lead to insurmountable pain and legal debt I suggested that we talk to Joyce at Monticello and see if there was availability for a temporary booth. Perhaps it was planetary alignment, but we think God intervened because whoever had booked the front window for July backed out at the last moment and guess who acquired the rights for the next 31 days.

I had some really cool collections and finally they are being displayed properly.


I realize that it means that I will have to permanently part with some of it.


Right now it just my aim to see that it all goes to a good home.


You know, the kind of place where they will take care of it and love it like I do.


I'm thinking that those are the kind of guys that go to a place like Monticello.


So for now I've bid all of these treasures farewell. We had a good run and the time we spent together was a joy.


1 comment:

  1. Bob, your display at Monticello looks wonderful! You had quite a few treasures collected. I hope they go to good homes for a great price! :)

    ReplyDelete