Monday, June 21, 2010

Final Chapter

Yes, I realize it has been two weeks since we returned from Seattle but I still have pictures that I haven't shared with you and I have stories to tell. Yeah, Yeah, I know they aren't really good stories, but they are enough to keep me entertained and that is enough for me.


After we woke up from a great nights rest at the Quality Inn and Suites Seattle Center we headed out to find a place to park near the Pikes Place Market. Did I already mention how expensive it is to park in Seattle? I wonder if they secretly wish we'd all stay home? Anyway, we found a place, gave them $10.00 for a couple of hours, and walked towards the market.




Debbie's favorite was all of the cut flower bouquets. Take a look at this kaleidescope of color. (Here's where I remind you to click on the picture for more vivid detail. Well, at least it gets bigger!)








I kind of think when people think about Pikes Place Market, they are thinking about fish. No wonder! Look at these shots!






I, however, am kicking myself now for not purchasing some of the beautiful produce that we saw.


I thought it would have been great to bring some of these wonderful vegetables home and make a fantastic dish with them and post a blog about it. I'm so sorry that I didn't do it be cause in my heart I know "I coulda been a contenda". Oh well, maybe next time.


Here is another sight one sees quite often while at Pikes.


Well good for them. At least they aren't standing down in the unemployment line looking for handouts for nothing.

After leaving Seattle, we pointed ourselves toward Tacoma. We found a place for lunch and after having replentished our energy banks turned the wheel for home and in short order, we were pulling into the driveway.

I know it wasn't as spectacular as it might have been but it was memorable and that is really all we needed. Maybe in another 25 years we'll do some thing really wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment