Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh What a Beautiful Day! And More!

I needed to drive out beyond Sandy, OR today and I wish that I had had a better opportunity to take a picture of Mt. Hood. She was ostentatiously showing her beauty to the world. What an outstanding view! Unfortunately, the only image that I currently have of her is in the middle of summer.

She was beautiful that day too, don't you think?

Have you been watching the Olympics? I know that I recently posted that sports isn't a big deal around here but somehow the Olympics falls into a different category. I'm not so interested in the subjectively judged events but I truly love to watch the timed events and I think that my overall favorite is short track speed skating.

Although it is usually over in a flash, the drama, strategy, and suspense of the race is truly captivating. During the winter games, I have to be extra cognizant of the passage of time so that I get to bed early enough to be useful at work the following day.

Today, after our little jaunt to Sandy, Debbie wanted to check out all of the Goodwill stores that we passed along the way home. She's been eyeing this serving set for a number of weeks and today it was half price. We brought it home and after giving it a swim in the sink, we tried it out. I chopped up some salad items and we each enjoyed a lovely tossed salad. The main bowl contained romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and baby spinach.


The items that I kept separate so we could each build a unique dish were boiled eggs, red bell peppers, avacados, ham, dried cranberries, and crushed cashews.

Here's what mine looked like when I'd finished building it.

Yeah! You're probably right. It would have been a lot healthier if I hadn't enhanced it with all of that lovely Gregg's ranch dressing. Oh well, we only get to live this life once and after all, each breath is really determined by the Creator anyway.

Let me just finish with a thought from the words of the prophet Isaiah.

Isaiah 40:26 NKJV (He's talking about the stars.)



Lift up your eyes on high,
And see who has created these things,
Who brings out their host by number;
He calls them all by name,
By the greatness of His might
And the strength of His power;
Not one is missing.

1 comment: