Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Still Kind of Fun!


This weekend was about junking again. We visited a number of estate sales but were not rewarded with any spectacular treasures. There was one interesting find, however. On Friday, Debbie visited a sale and purchased a dresser that she was confident would sell for significantly more than she paid for it. She was unable to get it into the car so we went back on Saturday to pick it up. When we got it home, I pulled out all of the drawers as is my custom, and low and behold, there it was!

A 1921 Silver Dollar

Now they aren't particularly rare and thus not that valuable but it is still kind of fun to find buried treasure!

1 comment:

  1. YES IT IS FUN TO FIND BURIED TREASURE. REMINDS ME A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS DIGGING A HOLE IN OUR FRONT YARD FOR WHAT WAS TO BECOME A POND. AS I RECALL IT WAS A RAINY DAY AND WHILE SHOVELING MUD I SPOTTED SOMETHING VERY SHINY ABOUT 18 IN BELOW THE SURFACE. I CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED IT AS A DIME BUT BOY WAS I SURPRISED WHEN I READ THE DATE 1853!! YEAH IT'S ONLY PROBABLY WORTH FIVE BUCKS BUT I STILL THINK IT WAS A PRETTY COOL FIND.

    ReplyDelete