Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


We had a delightful day yesterday! The weather was perfect for a party and we were fortunate enough to have a large group here to celebrate Mother's Day. Debbie had suggested a couple of days ago that we invite my sister and her family up for the day. I didn't jump on the idea right away as procrastination is in my nature but fortunately for all involved, I did make the call in time for her and her family to be able to attend. In addition to the Colby Clan, my dad, his wife, and Debbie's parents were able to make it here as well. We had a casual though robust dinner consisting of Jonathan's stuffed mushroom hors-d'oeuvre, spaghetti with sausage and meatballs, garlic bread, green beans with red bell peppers, and a lovely tossed green salad. Jon and I each felt like heros as the dinner was praised profusely throughout the party.

Now be careful with your mouse because I am going to share a link with you.

The Best Spaghetti Sauce and Garlic Bread

If you click on it and try the recipe for the spaghetti sauce and for the garlic bread, you will be forever spoiled and your appreciation for other spaghetti sauces and garlic breads will be surely ruined. I just felt that you should be warned!

Fortunately for me, my mother taught me to type by touch because my vision got increasingly blurred as I tried to tap out this post. You see, she was called home on May 2, 2006 and wasn't able to attend our event yesterday. I had actually forgotten the actual date and had to go back and read the newspaper article. For some reason I discovered that these +1.25 lenses that I sometimes use weren't able to correct all of the blurring that seemed to be happening. Somehow, I suspect that my vision will have corrected itself by tomorrow. It is interesting how time is sometimes the best medication.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bob, Debbie & Jonathan for a very lovely and memorable day--not to mention a very delicious one! We had a nice drive home and more Mother's Day remembrances after we arrived. We are both so very blessed to have the families we do and we love you all very much.
    Dad & Jonnie

    ReplyDelete