Monday, May 17, 2010

I Wonder What I Do With All Of My Time

Well I'm sorry that I've been so intermittant as to posting to this blog but sometimes between burnout, other priorities, and life in general, things just get in the way. This week,though filled with most of the normal distractions, I, thankfully, found time to blog.


This weekend was move in to the venue for Jonathan's play "Seussical the Musical". Fortunately for me, Debbie has taken nearly all of the responsibility for our contribution to the "parent's participation" in this show. It is going to be a great show, but thankfully, I will have very little responsibility in the production.

If you are in the area, I am confident that you will want to see the show so be sure to go to this link and purchase your tickets. From what I understand, tickets are selling fast so in order to get the best seating, you'd better order now. The show opens Friday, May 21 and the final show will be Sunday, May 30th.

Saturday, while Jon was at practice, we had a chance to enjoy some cuisine that he doesn't appreciate like we do. I bought a nice slab of farmed salmon and threw it on the grill after having allowed it to marinate for 30 or 40 minutes in a solution consisting of olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, and basalmic vinegar. I pulled it from the grill a bit prematurely so I gave it a couple of minutes in the oven on broil.

To accompany this course, I baked some asparagus on a cookie sheet for a few minutes and when tender, added a buttery sauce enhanced with a just a hint of basalmic vinegar.

To round out the dinner, I put together a tossed salad consisting of romaine lettuce, baby spinach, a bit of tomato, and a spinkle of fetta cheese.

We topped the salad with ranch dressing. I'd say that overall, this dinner was pleasing to the eye, the nostrils, and above all, the palate.

Ah yes! That was a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment