Saturday, January 9, 2010

We Went Shopping And We Weren't Alone

Today Debbie and I were on the "other" side of town. We decided to stop for a sinful bite to eat at The Cheesecake Factory.Have you ever been there? Man, that is an experience! I've been there three or four times and at least twice we waited for over two hours. Today it was only about an hour. Now I realize that somewhere around here there is a recession but not today. At least not at The Cheesecake Factory, Nordstrom's

or any other place that we strolled through at Washington Square.

That place was hopping and it appeared that people were spending money. Now this, of course, was just a microcosmic look from my little world but it sure looked as if people were easing up their grips on their liquid assets.

Ok, let's get back to the restaurant.

Look at this crowd waiting to be seated.

And this lot is already enjoying their dining experience.

The menu is the largest of any menu that I've ever read. If you'd care to preview it in pdf format, you may click here.

Our meals were each outstanding. Debbie enjoyed the same thing she always has when we're there. (She believes that when one finds a good thing, one should stick with it.) Each of our dinners can be found on page 12 of the menu in the pasta section. She had the Bistro Shrimp Pasta and I had the Cajun Jambalaya Pasta. We were each served portions large enough to bring some home. In additon to our dinners, we each added (this is the sinful part) a lovely piece of cheesecake. Her's was called The Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake and mine was called Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake. These can be found on page 18 of their remarkably long menu. Just to "wet your whistle" as it were, let me leave you an image of my choice for dessert.

Whew! That reminds me. I better go take my cholesterol pill and an asperin!

3 comments:

  1. Ive only been to the cheesecake factory once but I tried to sample everyone elses meals (my kids' not the other customers) and I loved everything. Your cheesecake looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great day Babe! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is an impressive menu!!! I believe that anyone should be able to find something that they wanted to eat there. Looks good too!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete