Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clam Chowder Extraordinaire


Oh Yeah! I just had to add a quick post. We had a fairly simple and yet wonderfully tasty dinner tonight! I had one of those ginormous Costco cans of chopped clams and was convinced by my life time sweetheart to make a batch of clam chowder. We just got back from Winco where she found some fun sourdough loaves called "sourdough bowls". We have always threatened, since experiencing something like this at Disneyland, to serve some great clam chowder in loaves of bread. It was fantastic!!!

I used the recipe for chowder on the can of clams although I added a lot more flour to get the thick viscosity that this family prefers. Here is an image of the final outcome.

6 comments:

  1. Yum...Yum... another delicious meal!
    You know I'm spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You could charge money for that! Looks very good.

    By the way I will take some close ups of the cabinet and post a few more pictures. Thanks for looking.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its 10:50 pm Wednesday night.... I just looked in the fridge for something yummy....but didn't want to have to prepare anything. So, I came away with an apple. Not exactly the Yummy I had in mind.... and then, I get on this blog and now I am wishing for a bread bowl of clam chowder....uugghh! Now tha'ts what I was looking for, I just don't know how to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! Nice job!

    Ericka R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good Bob! Have a great weekend~ Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tip that I've really come to love. Thicken the chowder with saltine crackers instead of flour. It ads a delicious flavor. I got the recipe from Yankee magazine. Try it!

    ReplyDelete