Thursday, August 6, 2009

Amen and Amen


Tonight was a rather unusual evening for me. Jonathan was invited out somewhere and Debbie had plans to eat with friends that she doesn't see all that often. That left me to figure out what does one eat when they are all alone. I thought to myself what do I like that no one else around here likes. It didn't come to me in a still small voice. It was like the heavens opened and there was a shout like thunder. BARBEQUE! Suddenly there was whooping and hollering, clapping and dancing. It was like an old time tent revival meeting. Suddenly, I remembered sheepishly that I was here all alone so I said to myself "Self" shut up, sit down and grab the phone and call Campbells for take out. So that is what I did. I ordered a jumbo order of beef ribs. I had to pick two sides so I got baked beans and a garden salad. I also had to choose between a dinner roll and cornbread and I chose the cornbread, of course. The last decision to make was which sauce to get and I chose the hot bbq sauce. They said it would be ready in seven minutes so I hustled down there and picked it up. Back at the house I sat down and started pounding down some of the best barbeque in Portland. It was great sauce too. I was sweating and both eyes were watering but I think I'll do it again next time!.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't have time to take the picture before it was already eaten. Otherwise, there would have been pictures of beans and salad. I pirated the image from Google, Deary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I can relate!! I'm the lone barbeque fan in our house too. Problem is I can't seem to find myself alone long enough to get to prepare/eat any. The picture sure looks good.
    Take care.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete