Sunday, July 12, 2009

What A Week! Phew! Great Week-End Though!


Man! I can't believe it has already been a week since my last post. I have been having to keep up at work all by myself. That is a real chore! They told me when I was hired that the job was considered a 1.3 FTE (Full Time Employee) position. Well, between summer vacations and injuries, I have been having to handle the full 1.3 all by myself. I come home dragging and Friday is the most welcome day of the week.

Anyway, this weekend was like most except for the fact that a lot of the estate sale competition was at the expo antique fair and we were fortunate enough to not have too much trouble with the people who pick up the same kinds of items we usually look for. Here is a shot of some of the items we purchased.


They're in my work area waiting my attention. Most just need a little oil or cleaned up a bit. It is part of the fun.

We haven't been selling on Ebaycast-n-flies for more than a year but last week Debbie decided that she'd be willing to list a number of items on my account. If you want to watch or bid on our auctions, click on the above link to enter cast-n-flies @ ebay. (Cool name eh?) Note to Terry R, there are a bunch of lead sinker casting molds. You might want to take a look.

You know something? No matter how well publicized our bad economy is, people will still spend money. I can't believe how much they are spending for some of our items. And so far we are getting paid immediately. The internet is so amazing! I also love how Debbie is doing all of the work and I'm getting all of the credit. Life is sweet!

Hey I made dinner last night just like every night. (It's therapy.) I tried a stir fry recipe. I was encouraged by Debbie after she saw a picture posted by my friend Joel M. on Facebook.It was another hit! I love to cook Italian but Asian is also pretty good! Take a look!



Finally, do you remember how good the fireworks were before the liability lawyers got involved and the people who love "Big Government" decided that we needed to be protected from ourselves? I bought a box of the old time sparklers this weekend.


Now they are pretty old and time and probably a little humidity have affected their performance but this video will help you remember the good old days. Disclaimer--the video isn't that great because of the lighting and it took a long time to get it lit but you can giggle while you wait as you imagine my fingers getting cooked medium-well by the lighter as we tried to get it started.

Sorry everyone! For some reason the video wouldn't load. It wasn't that great anyway!




Thanks for coming by,

2 comments:

  1. Neat to see all the pics Bob. Hope Debbie gets our card at least by today. Love,Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob wow the food looks great!!Looks like the ebay attempt is going well . Have a great week ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete