Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I love this Freeeedom out here!

Arielle has been applying her talents to any blank spaces.



I thought that it would be a full week before you heard from me but there was an event this week that afforded me the opportunity to post a short update on what is going on with us. Today is the day that we decided to celibrate Cullen's birthday. He picked Red Robin as his preferred party place and his dad wanted to allow him a chance to catch another nice 27" brown trout so they left at 5:00 am to head for La Pine.

Here is a picture of the dinner party.

This is Cullen, the birthday boy, on the left with his younger brother Wyatt. Hmm, nice smiles guys!

The girls were all going to go to Bend for the day and shop. Debbie wanted me to go along and intently whined till I gave in. She didn't care if I stayed around and watched them shop so I went hunting for a free wi-fi signal and here we are.

This is what we looked like after hooking the Winofsky tent trailer to our overloaded truck. Looked like something out of the hills of Kentucky!

The lake is beautiful and the temperature has only been around 90 degrees. We have not experienced the 102 plus degree heat of Portland. Just between me and you, I'm glad it's you!


I've been sneeking out nearly every afternoon to fish along the Breitenbush river. The trout are small and a little rare but the solitude is such a joy and I have caught enough to keep me anticipating more.

Debbie keeps asking when I'll be home. She remembers when I dislocated my shoulder in a fall along the banks of the breitenbush a couple of years ago. Anyway, yesterday I told here 6:00pm. Apparently, fish and people start eating at about the same time. I was just getting into a little action having had a couple of really nice strikes when I noticed it was 5:42 pm and I was going to have to really hussle to get back to the truck and to camp by the proposed deadline. It was soooo hard to leave right then but I did get back to camp within the alotted timeframe. I probably won't get a chance to get on the water tonight since I am sitting in Bend right now and we haven't been to Red Robin yet. Oh well, I expect that I'll be able to focus on fishing tomorrow and for the rest of the week. We have to get back to Portland as soon as we can on Sunday as we have the Window space at Monticello next month and need to get it loaded and decorated as quickly as possible. I guess this will have to be it for now. I might update this post next week or when I get my next wifi conection. Thanks for coming by to keep up on what is going on with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob sounds like you are having a great time! Guess what? We have been asked to take over a store here in eugene and we are going to do it. There, you are the first to know. We just decided today. It is an opportunity we couldnt pass up.It will include hosting teas and a coffee bistro.I have to do some serious learning about being abit more cultured. I dont know the first thing about Tea. Have a great time and catch lots of fish! Kath

    ReplyDelete