Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dude, What's for Dinner?

Tonight I decided to make a recipe that I hadn't ever done. I was confident that everybody was going to like it and it was even easy. The goal was Sloppy Joes. I hadn't had them since I was a kid but I remember how good they were and I had what looked like a good recipe so what did I have to lose. The only thing which I was missing that was truly a must was the hamburger buns so I hurried off to the store to purchase some. I got home and proceeded to make some great sloppy joes but to my surprise, the residient 16 year old wouldn't even try them. How do you outguess what they'll eat? Fortunately, I also had made a batch of brownies for dessert so the poor kid didn't starve to death. He ended up eating a green salad which we had prepared a couple of days earlier for another meal.


Whoops, I forgot to take pictures. I need to reprogram my brain for this blogging thing. Note to self--Keep the silly camera with you when you're doing stuff. People don't read anymore, they only look at the pictures.


Too bad about the pictures, both the sloppy joes and the brownies turned out great and I suspect they each were rather photogenic too. Oh well, I try to do better next time.

This a chicken pie that I made last night. It was a recipe from a blog that the author of My Shabby Roses Blog asked me to try. Shhhhh! That's Debbie--my first wife. :)

Till next time, Bob

2 comments:

  1. Your dinner was wonderful! You are my favorite cook! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,
    Hope this isn't a duplicate.
    Want to tell you we are enjoying your blog.
    I read the poam to Jonnie and we both had a good laugh.Keep up the bloging,we need bloggerswho are on the money.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete