Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm Breaking My Silence!



Wow! I look at the date of my last post and am amazed that it was nearly two months ago. Time is so fleeting. I get up, go to work, come home, go to bed and then notice suddenly that the first quarter of the year is nearly past. They say you only live once so it kind of chagrins me that I can't remember any notable events during the last 90 days.

Here is something notable, at least to me. Last Friday at work I hear a friend of mine tell someone that he is helping some friends of his sell some cars. My ears perked up at this because one of ours is starting to make some strange noises and a trip to the mechanic seems to always cost somewhere between six and fifteen hundred dollars. Two of the vehicles which he described in no way fit my needs or wants. The third, however, though not really fitting our wants, had potential to fit our needs. It was a 2001 Dodge Caravan.


Debbie had clued me in early that she was not at all ready to be seen driving a minivan but the fact that the vehicle only had 104,000 miles made me want to at least get the VIN so I could check and see if the vehicle had any secrets that I wasn't being told. I had my brother Dave check the Chrysler data base for any recalls of which there were two minor occurances which had been timely repaired. Even Kelly Blue Book screamed "Go buy that car!" I told Debbie that I needed to take her by to see the car because all of my senses were telling me that this was an opportunity that doesn't come around very often. I said all we would do was look at it, drive it, and if she wasn't sold then we'd walk and I was ok with that. We did a quick walk around and a casual inspection of the interior. The car was really clean and nice. Apparently, it was well taken care of by its owner. My friend handed me the keys so we could take it for a spin. We get a half dozen blocks away and she says "We can go back now. This is nothing like I'd imagined. I really want it!"


Isn't it interesting that something which is old and tiresome to one person, can be so new and exciting to someone else.

4 comments:

  1. Bob, thats a great looking mini van and the price seems incredibly low. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help some with the vehicle info. Looks like a nice van for the price. Good to hear from you as well. Did you check out our latest post yet?

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, thats awesome, it looks like a great vehicle

    ReplyDelete